Educational Credential Assessment

Canadian Immigration process have changed. Your English skills and Degree is assessed before you enter in Express Entry Pool. Learn how that is done here:

When you fill out your profile, the Educational Credential Assessment or ECA is used (where applicable) to see if you meet the criteria to get into the Express Entry pool. Here is a Step-by-step video guide on how the assessment is done. [English Version].

For French Version Processus d’évaluation des diplômes d’études

Before candidates can enter the Express Entry pool, all candidates’ profiles are awarded points through the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) based on their language scores and educational attainment from a Canadian institution or educational credential from a foreign institution that has been validated through an ECA report completed by an organization designated by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

Please note however that this is not the only assessment used to decide the eligibility of the candidates.
Here is a transcript of the video that is shown above in case you are not able to view the video.


The Federal skilled Worker Program has changed.

You must follow a new step.

If you apply to immigrate to Canada, an organization approved by Government of Canada must assess your foreign education against Canadian Standards. You can find a lost of these organizations on CIC website.

Citizenship and immigration will use this assessment to give you points for education in you immigration application. Along with these criteria, these points will help to determine if you qualify to immigrate under the Federal skilled worker program.

You can find more information on application point system on CIC website.

Your assessment with show how you foreign education compares to Canadian education.

Here is what you have to do. Goto our website.

Type “Educational Credential Assessment” or “ECA” in the search box.
You will find a list of approved organizations to choose from.
There might be a professional organization specific to your intended occupation.
If there is, you must choose it.
If there isn’t choose from one of general organizations listed.
Check the Organization’s website.
This website will tell you what documents you must provide to have your education assessed.
It will also tell you the cost of assessment and how long it will take.

The organization will send you an original Education Credential Assessment or ECA report.Your report must show that your foreign education is equivalent to a completed Canadian education in order to apply. Points will be awarded according to how your education compares to a completed Canadian Program of study.

You must include this report in your immigration application.

Please keep in mind that your assessment is for application purposes only. Your assessment does not guarantee a job in your skills area or at your level of experience.

Also if you intend to work in a profession that requires a license in Canada, you will still need to apply for that license.

A few examples of such professions include Engineering, Teaching or Dentistry.

Do you have questions, CIC website has answers.

Type “ECA” in the search box to find list of approved Educational Credential Assessment organization and to get help choosing an approved organization.

You will also find answers to common questions about this new requirement and more details about the Federal Skilled Worker Program.


By tsadmin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *