Do you know that As a result of 2014 changes to the Citizenship Act, if you are an immigrant or applying for immigration and have served in or with the Canadian Armed Forces, you might be able to apply through a  fast-track process.

This application process can be used by anyone who:

  • is or was a member of the CAF; or
  • a foreign military member who is or was attached or seconded to the CAF.

CIC look at how long you have served our country, instead of how long you lived in Canada. Foreign military members do not need to be a permanent resident of Canada.

To be eligible, you must meet all of the standard conditions to apply for citizenship except for the time you have lived in Canada. Instead, you must have completed two years (730 days) of service in, or with, the CAF in the four years (1460 days) before you apply.

Find out more about the eligibility for your citizenship, if you are a candidate.

By tsadmin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *